WR 121: Gross
EBSCOHost - Education Databases
EBSCOHost is a multidisciplinary database that includes popular and scholarly articles on a broad range of topics, including education. After you click on the link to EBSCO - Education and Counseling below, follow these steps to set up a search for scholarly education articles:
- Enter your search terms in the search boxes. Tips for generating search terms to use with EBSCOHost
- Check the Full Text box to limit your search results to articles you can access immediately.
- Check the Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed) Journals box to limit your search to scholarly articles that are appropriate for a literature review.
EBSCO - Education and Counseling
Search for education and counseling news, articles, and other information in these EBSCO databases: Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE Premier, ERIC and the Professional Development Collection.
JSTOR - Scholarly Journal Backfile
Use Google Scholar to find PCC Library’s full-text scholarly and peer-reviewed articles AND scholarly articles available through the free web.
Step One: Set Google Scholar Preferences
- Go to Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com)
- Click on the "Scholar Preferences" link to the right of the search box
- Type "Portland Community College" in the "Library Links" section
- Check the box in front of "Portland Community College - Full-Text @ PCC"
- Select "Save Preferences"
Step Two: Search Google Scholar
- Enter search terms in the box
- Look for the "Full-text@PCC" link at the end of the article title
- Select this link to see the full text of the article
- If you are off-campus: You will see the screen prompting you to login with your name and PCC ID number (your "G" number)
Want to see these steps in action? You can watch the video at this link: Setting Google Scholar Preferences
Go To Full Version