Dalai Lama at the University of Oregon
Religion Streaming Videos
View high quality videos about the world's religions online from the Films on Demand database. Search by keyword or browse by Collections - Philosophy and Religion
Films On Demand
Films Media Group. Thousands of high-resolution streaming videos organized by subject. For academic research as well as general interest, this collection includes archival and newsreel films as well as career and technical videos.
Specialized encyclopedias are an excellent place to start your research. Like Wikipedia articles, they provide a broad overview with a topic. Unlike Wikipedia, these articles are guaranteed to be written by experts. Search across these encyclopedias in the Gale Virtual Reference Library database (available below and from the Databases A - Z link)
* Encyclopedia Judaica, 2007 (20 volumes)
* Encyclopedia of American Religious History, 2009
* Encyclopedia of Buddhism, 2004 (2 volumes)
* Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World, 2004 (2 volumes)
* Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 2006 (10 volumes)
* Encyclopedia of Religion, 2005 (15 volumes)
* New Catholic Encyclopedia, 2003 (15 volumes)
* Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, 2010 (6 volumes)
* Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices, 2006 (3 volumes)
Gale Virtual Reference Library
GVRL is a database of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. Look here for biology, chemistry, nursing and medicine, religion, sociology, history, education, law, and more.
Provides online versions of 500+ published reference works, including general and specialized dictionaries and encyclopedias. Try the Concept Map to search for terms and topics that are interconnected and displayed in a visual form.
The PCC Library catalog includes books and other items in the Summit system. Summit is the combined catalog of college and university libraries in Oregon and Washington, with over 27 million items, that allows easy searching, requesting, and delivery of books and movie.
Items requested through Summit can be delivered to any PCC Library for pick-up in 4-5 days. An email to your myPCC account will notify you when your item is ready for pick up. PCC students and staff can also borrow items directly from a Summit library with your PCC photo ID. Return your borrowed items to any PCC library.