Journals and Magazines
- Art, Architecture and Applied Arts: Architecture
- Electronic and print journals and magazines that focus on architecture, owned by Portland Community College.
- Engineering & Applied Sciences
- Electronic and print journals owned by Portland Community College. Includes engineering, applied mathematics, physics, and computer science. Many journals listed are peer reviewed.
- See also: What is a Journal?
Organizations & Careers
- American Institute of Architects (AIA): Oregon
- AIA Portland
- American Design Drafting Association (ADDA)
- Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA)
Occupational Outlook Handbook: Drafters
From the U.S. Department of Labor, this page provides career information about drafting, including job outlook, earnings, and links to related occupations.
Journals & Magazines in Print and Online
Art, Architecture & Applied Arts
For online access, use one of the article database collections below. Sometimes the online versions do not have photographs or illustrations, so the printed magazines may prove useful. (You can find those by bringing up this list, and then using Ctrl-F to open a 'find' box. In the 'find' box, type in the word "print". It will take you to those magazines we get in print.
Electronic and print journals owned by Portland Community College. This list includes: architecture, fine arts, landscape architecture, drawing, photography and sculpture. Many journals listed are peer reviewed.
Information on a wide range of topics related to sustainable building, including energy efficiency, recycled-content materials, land-use planning and indoor air quality. Integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News (EBN), and a database of more than 100 high-performance building case studies.
Search from a wide range of research databases for magazine and journal articles. Updated daily.
Scholarly, government and general-interest content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
Vocational and Career Collection
EBSCOhost. Full text coverage for 400 trade and industry-related periodicals including American Machinist, Contemporary Longterm Care, Wireless Week, Drug Store News, Video Business, Reeves Journal, Hotel and Motel Management, Restaurant Business, Advertising Age, and many more.